for this semester's production of
THE SEARCH FOR SIGNS OF INTELLIGENT LIFE IN THE UNIVERSE
the hilarious play by Jane Wagner, directed by Prof. Domenick Scudera
Auditions this TUESDAY, JAN. 15 and WEDNESDAY, JAN. 16 in Kaleidoscope 131 Rehearsal Studio
- If you are interested in auditioning, please sign up for a time on the 2nd floor of Kaleidoscope.
- Auditions are open to all Ursinus students.
- Hard copies of the audition forms and monologues are available below the audition sign-up sheet in the Kaleidoscope.
- Students may receive one credit of THEA 002 if selected for the cast.
- Rehearsals will begin in the second week of semester. Play runs March 20 – 23.
- Any questions? Please ask Prof. Scudera at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe is a tapestry of comic theatrical monologues told by an array of indelible characters such as Trudy, a bag lady waiting for extra-terrestrials, and Agnus Angst, a teen-age runaway performance artist. By carefully weaving together more than a dozen characters' unique perspectives, Jane Wagner creates a rich and insightful experience for contemporary audiences. Here are some responses to the play:
- From Eve Ensler, playwright of The Vagina Monologues: "The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe is a visionary, mystical, hysterical questioning of all that it means to be human in the midst of madness … With the insane unemployment, homelessness, global warming, violence, and sense that the world is spinning out of control, the truth, wisdom, and humor of the characters rings out with resonance."
- From The Washington Times: "Hugely, knowingly, wickedly funny."
- From Actress Jane Fonda: "It's hard to believe that someone has packed so much profundity, range, and humor into one play! Jane Wagner has said it all here. Can't be topped!"
- From New York Times: "A rich tapestry … stunningly ambitious. Jane Wagner sums up a generation of social history into a tightly compressed saga."
- From Variety: "Jane Wagner is an original satirist with a delicate sense of the ridiculous, as well as a hilarious gagmaker."
Wednesday, Jan 16, 2013
Other Dates For This Event: