Sustainable Move-out is an initiative that aims to divert reusable goods from the waste stream by allowing other students to take them or donating them to charity. Volunteers are an integral part of this process and help to make Move-out a success. Volunteers are expected to:
- Work at least 15 hours over the course of the week and a half
- Show up to every 2-hour shift assigned
- Stay on campus from 5/1 through 5/11 (All volunteers must leave by the 12th)
- Organize items in the tents
- Pick up goods from donation boxes in the dorms
- Help pack up and load donations to various organizations
- Pull out reusable or recyclable items from the dumpsters (THIS IS OPTIONAL)
Volunteers are NOT expected to be able to move furniture
To be eligible, a volunteer must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the College and attend one of the two informational meetings held on the evenings of April 1 in the Bears' Den or April 3 in Olin 101, both beginning at 7 p.m.
Please contact Travis Maider (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Brandon Hoover (email@example.com) with any questions. Thanks for signing up!