Please join Wellness House and First Year Programs for UC PAUSE FOR PAWS. On Friday October 5th from 12:30 to 1:30 pm faculty and staff will bring their fun loving dogs to campus to visit with students who love dogs and would like to spend some time visiting with dogs and their human companions. We will be outside in the Strassberger Commons area. Please stop by our dog party and say hi. Here are some guidelines for meeting your new dog friends.
TIPS FOR MEETING A DOG FOR THE FIRST TIME
- Don't approach the dog first. Allow him to approach you to establish trust.
- Stand straight or squat. Do not crouch or put your face in the dog's face over the dog it is threatening.
- Direct eye contact with the dog may be seen as a challenge and should be avoid with an unfamiliar dog.
- Let the dog sniff you before trying to pet him/her.
- Wait for the dog to give you a sign that he is willing to have you pet him. He will likely rub against you gently to invite you to pet him.
- Don't pet an unfamiliar dog's head. Start with the shoulder or back.
- If the dog decides that he does not want to interact with you, he will turn or back away. If this happens the best thing you can do is ignore him, too.
601 E. Main Street
Collegeville, PA 19426