This panel discussion, titled "Our Options Have Changed: Consumer Health Literacy in a
Changing Environment," focuses on educating consumers about significant changes in health care delivery, costs and payment systems. Challenges arising from the combined effects of population growth, aging Baby Boomers, an expected shortage of primary care doctors and expansion of coverage under the new health care law will require innovative solutions.
- Steve Altschuler, M.D., CEO of Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Kevin Flynn, Founder and President of Health Care Advocates
- Larry R. Kaiser, M.D., FACS, CEO of Temple University Health System
- Robert Sing, D.O., Critical care surgeon specializing in sports medicine, acute care, and emergency medicine
- Karl Stark, Health and Science Editor for The Philadelphia Inquirer
Panelists will focus on the anticipated and unanticipated effects of innovation on quality and cost in a changing health care environment to enable consumers to make informed choices as the health care market becomes increasingly market-driven.
Collegeville, PA 19426